Theory, or phrase, justifying military preparations.
The best way to preserve peace is to prepare for war since by so doing you make attack on yourself unlikely.
Also see: deterrence
Graham Evans and Jeffrey Newnham, The Dictionary of World Politics (Hemel Hempstead, 1990)
Parabellum commonly refers to the 9×19mm Parabellum firearms cartridge designed by Georg Luger and introduced in 1902 for the Luger pistol.
Parabellum or Para Bellum may also refer to:
- Para bellum is Latin for “prepare for war” and is often used within the context of the phrase Si vis pacem, para bellum, meaning “If you want peace, you should prepare for war”.
- Parabellum MG14, a 7.92mm-calibre World War I machine gun
- Pistol Parabellum or Luger P08 pistol
- 7.65×21mm Parabellum, a handgun cartridge
- 9×19mm Parabellum
- Parabellum (Colombian band), a Colombian extreme metal band
- Parabellum (French band), a French punk and alternative rock band
- Para-Bellum, a Russian group that competed at 2010 Eurovision; see Russia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2010.
- 9mm Parabellum Bullet, a Japanese rock band
- “Para Bellum”, a 2006 song by Hate Eternal on the album Fury & Flames
- John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum, a 2019 American action thriller film
- Operation Para Bellum, an expansion pack for the video game Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
- Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum, studio album from South African rock band Seether.
- All pages with titles containing para bellum
- All pages with titles containing parabellum
- All pages with titles beginning with para bellum
- All pages with titles beginning with parabellum
- Bellum (disambiguation)
- Para (disambiguation)
- The dictionary definition of bellum at Wiktionary
- The dictionary definition of para at Wiktiona