Related to environment art and land art, this concept was conceived in the exhibition ‘Earth Art’ at Cornell University (1968).
Rejecting the over-sophistication of minimalism, as well as technological culture, art is created using the land as the environment and conveyed to the gallery/museum space through photographic documentation.
- Earthworks (archaeology), human-made constructions that modify the land contour
- Earthworks (engineering), civil engineering works created by moving or processing quantities of soil
- Earthworks (military), military fortifications built in the field during a campaign or siege
Arts and media
- Earthworks (novel), a novel by Brian Aldiss
- Earthworks (band), a jazz band led by drummer Bill Bruford
- Earthworks (album), the band’s self-titled debut album
- “Earthworks” (song), a 1993 song by Kerbdog
- Land art or Earth art
- Earthworks (company), an audio equipment company
- Earthworks High School, an experimental school in Ann Arbor, Michigan