Offering pragmatic guidance for planning and conducting a meta-analytic review, this book is written in an engaging, nontechnical style that makes it ideal for graduate course use or self-study. The author shows how to identify questions that can be answered using meta-analysis, retrieve both published and unpublished studies, create a coding manual, use traditional and unique effect size indices, and write a meta-analytic review. An ongoing example illustrates meta-analytic techniques. In addition to the fundamentals, the book discusses more advanced topics, such as artifact correction, random- and mixed-effects models, structural equation representations, and multivariate procedures. User-friendly features include annotated equations; discussions of alternative approaches; and “”Practical Matters”” sections that give advice on topics not often discussed in other books, such as linking meta-analytic results with theory and the utility of meta-analysis software programs.
Click here to see full contents.
Table of contents
I. The Blueprint: Planning and Preparing a Meta-Analytic Review
1. An Introduction to Meta-Analysis
2. Questions That Can and Questions That Cannot Be Answered through Meta-Analysis
3. Searching the Literature
II. The Building Blocks: Coding Individual Studies
4. Coding Study Characteristics
5. Basic Effect Size Computation
6. Corrections to Effect Sizes
7. Advanced and Unique Effect Size Computation
III. Putting the Pieces Together: Combining and Comparing Effect Sizes
8. Basic Computations: Computing Mean Effect Size and Heterogeneity around This Mean
9. Explaining Heterogeneity among Effect Sizes: Moderator Analyses
10. Fixed-, Random-, and Mixed-Effects Models
11. Publication Bias
12. Multivariate Meta-Analytic Models
IV. The Final Product: Reporting Meta-Analytic Results
13. Writing Meta-Analytic Results
About the Author
- Publisher : The Guilford Press; Annotated edition (October 6, 2015)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 377 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1462525008
- ISBN-13 : 978-1462525003
- Item Weight : 1.47 pounds
- Dimensions : 6.13 x 0.9 x 9.25 inches
4 thoughts on “Applied Meta-Analysis for Social Science Research – by Card Noel A. (2015)”
Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful info specifically the last part 🙂 I care for such info a lot. I was looking for this certain information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.
I loved as much as you’ll receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again since exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this increase.
I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information.
Magnificent web site. A lot of useful information here. I am sending it to some pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And of course, thank you to your sweat!