The third edition of this bestselling resource provides clear, step-by-step guidance for new and experienced interviewers to help them develop, shape, and reflect on interviewing as a qualitative research process. While proposing a phenomenological approach to in-depth interviewing, the author also includes principles and methods that can be adapted to a range of interviewing approaches. Using concrete examples of interviewing techniques to illustrate the issues under discussion, this classic text helps readers to understand the complexities of interviewing and its connections to broader issues of qualitative research.
Equally popular for individual and classroom use, the new Third Edition of Interviewing as Qualitative Research features:
* An introduction to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) process in its historical context, including an expanded discussion of informed consent and its complexities.
* Special attention to the rights of participants in interview research as those rights interact with ethical issues.
* Updated references and suggestions for additional reading for a deeper consideration of methodological, ethical, and philosophical issues, including relevant Internet resources.
Click here to see full contents.
Table of contents
How I came to interviewing
A structure for in-depth, phenomenological interviewing
Proposing research: from mind to paper to action
Establishing access to, making contact with, and selecting participants
The path to institutional review boards and informed consent
Technique isn’t everything, but it is a lot
Interviewing as a relationship
Analyzing, interpreting, and sharing interview material.
- Publisher : Teachers College Press; 3rd edition (December 1, 2005)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 162 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0807746665
- ISBN-13 : 978-0807746660
- Item Weight : 9.3 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.75 x 0.5 x 8.75 inches
2 thoughts on “Interviewing As Qualitative Research: A Guide for Researchers in Education And the Social Sciences – by Seidman Irving (2006)”
Some truly interesting info , well written and loosely user pleasant.