Prepare students for management success with this engaging survey of modern management practice. UNDERSTANDING MANAGEMENT, 8E seamlessly integrates classic management principles with today’s latest management ideas to create a responsive market leading text that captivates today’s readers. Acclaimed authors Richard Daft and Dorothy Marcic cover management and entrepreneurial issues within small- to mid-size companies where most students will begin their careers, as well as within larger global enterprises. Many examples focus on the constantly-evolving entertainment industry. Students gain valuable insights into real contemporary business as they examine today’s best management practices.
This edition helps students establish and build upon practical skills with engaging examples and numerous skill-building and application exercises in every chapter. Using a streamlined format, this edition takes a close look at how change demands innovation and how innovation requires forward-thinking, flexible leaders and organizations. With the book’s complete ancillary package, UNDERSTANDING MANAGEMENT, 8E provides everything needed to prepare future managers to seize business opportunities and lead change. Be sure to also investigate the menu of high impact digital options available with this edition, including Aplia and CengageNOW.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. The World of Innovative Management.
Part II: THE ENVIRONMENT.
2. The Environment and Corporate Culture.
3. Managing in a Global Environment.
4. Managing Ethics and Social Responsibility.
Part III: PLANNING.
5. Planning and Goal Setting.
6. Managerial Decision Making.
Part IV: ORGANIZING.
7. Designing Organization Structure.
8. Managing Change and Innovation.
9. Managing Human Resources and Diversity.
Part V: LEADING.
10. Understanding Individual Behavior.
12. Motivating Employees.
13. Managing Communication.
14. Leading Teams.
Part VI: CONTROLLING.
15. Managing Quality and Performance.
- ASIN : B01AKC0D90
- Publisher : Cengage Learning; 010 edition (January 4, 2016)
- Publication date : January 4, 2016
- Language : English
- File size : 92342 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Not enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Not Enabled
- X-Ray for textbooks : Enabled
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Print length : 752 pages